Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My new toy

Some of you know that I ordered a new toy and it came today! My new Canon 85mm 1.8 lens....it is beautiful! I love it! Unfortunately I only got about 10 minutes to play with it because we had plans tonight (I'll get to that in a minute). So here's 2 pics of my little stinker that he cooperated and "modeled" for....
I love how sharp this lens is.....it really makes Anthony's beautiful big eyes "pop!" Enough about that.....you'll be seeing plenty of new pics over the next few days....tomorrow night we have a play date at the park with Anthony's friend Maguire....I'll definitely be bringing my camera to get in a little practice....and of course it will be nice for the scrapbook :)

So tonight...Brian and I were treated to a VERY nice dinner by the bride and groom that I took pics for in June. I was absolutely terrified to take the pics for them because they were at the Aquarium...I didn't want to ruin their wedding photos! I did a lot of studying and practicing and they actually turned out pretty good....I was able to give them over 400 pictures and I also put together a slide show to music...they loved it. I'm sooo happy and so relieved. It was such a great learning experience. In addition to a tremendous dinner and one of the best restaurants in Wilmington, they also gave me a gift towards some more camera equipment. I am SO EXCITED!!! I finally will be able to get the flash I have been wanting for sooo long.....so thank you guys!! I've been meaning to put a pic on here from the wedding...so here's one of their favorites (of the two of them) and one of my favorites (the cake).




1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Yea! I look forward to seeing the results you get from your new toy.