Monday, February 25, 2008

My turn...



Well today was my turn with the doctor...I had an epidural injection in my lower back. They injected cortisone to help with the inflamation of the nerve that is causing a lot of my problems/pain. Some people experience relief immediately...for some people it takes 7-10 days for relief..and some lucky people experience increased pain...guess which one I got? Yup....the increased pain! This has been a rough afternoon/evening...when mom and dad came over to get us for dinner (since neither of us could drive today) I was white as a sheet.....now I'm heading to bed and maybe I'll wake up in the a.m. and a miracle will have taken place..maybe?!? I go back to the doc on March 11th and then they will determine if I need another injection..they'll also determine my possible go back to work date at that time.

Brian is doing well...he's being very very very stubborn and isn't listening to the doc orders and he's overdoing it...as I thought he would..I really hope that he will stop. He's upset about not being able to go to work too....does the man not know how to relax for a few days??!?

Anthony starts his new preschool tomorrow. I think some of you know that last week, his school shut down w/out any real notice to the parents...apparently the IRS shut them down (nice huh?) So he will be starting at Edwin's school tomorrow and will continue to just go on tuesdays and thursdays.

Ok time to go to bed...thanks for all of the thoughts & prayers....we'll get back to good health one day around here (i Hope)

3 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I hope that you feel better when you read this comment!!

Please tell me that you found that photo on the internet, and you didn't make a nurse take a photo of you getting the shot! LOL.

Gigi said...

I hope the injection kicks in soon! Hopefully life settles down for you all soon (or you can force your husband to slow down ;)).

Katie said...

HAHAH....I knew you would think that Jen...yes I found it on the internet...I have the problem with making blog posts w/out pics..hee hee

Well it's Tues(?) morning and I'm a tiny bit better than I was at 2 this a.m...I couldn't sleep at all cuz the pain was so bad....today is still pretty bad, so hopefully it will ease up soon....I pray!