Friday, February 29, 2008

Kinda Sucks But Getting Over It....

So some of you know that on Wed I got a phone call from my disability company in the late afternoon and after a few additional phone calls, I found out around 5pm that my short term disability was over and I had to go back to work yesterday morning! I had originally been told (by my doc office) I would be OOTO at least until my follow up appt on March 11th...but that is not the case, so it was quite a shock. I'm not sure why there was a change and I can't seem to get anybody to give me a straight answer at the doc office. Unfortunately the injection they gave me on Monday that was supposed to help the pain has actually made it worse, and because it is a steroid, I have been having major trouble sleeping (and due to increased pain). Apparently, my work will be getting me some kind of a sit/stand desk station because my doc orders are to sit for 15 min and stand for 5 min...

So this just sucks! But I'm trying to make the best of it...even though (did I mention?) it sucks!!!!

This weekend is also Myrtle Beach Retreat weekend - a whole bunch of us women (around 80) get together and scrapbook at a hotel in Myrtle Beach for the weekend - my upline organizes it. Today is the day...I'm excited to go, but I'm bummed because it starts at 10am this a.m. and I have to work til 5 :-( and then drive down there. Diana and our friend Rebecca are already on their way and so is another friend from work. So it sucks (notice a theme? haha) but I'm trying to get over it and just look forward to the time I'll have when I get there tonight and all day tomorrow.

Here's a pic of where we're going this year and a pic of the tables etc last year...



Then on Sunday is the Backyard Carnival Bday Party - Anthony will be 5...so I'll have plenty of pics to share next week!

That's it...back to work...

1 comment:

Gigi said...

I agree- that does suck ;)