Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Day in the Life of the Mathews Family

Well it's not quite a whole day, but just for fun I wanted to document (in pictures) a regular ole day around here. I hope you don't mind a little picture overload because I was having fun taking pictures just for me (and my family) instead of for other families. I definitely wan to do this again soon.

It was the first Saturday of the month, so that meant going to Home Depot for the Kids Workshop. This month was a bird house. We haven't been in almost 6 months and Anthony had definitely missed it. He insisted that he could do it all by himself, but Daddy ended up helping some.

mommy_daddy_day-1

 mommy_daddy_day-2

mommy_daddy_day-3

Check out his tongue - when he concentrates real hard, that tongue hangs out....too funny.

mommy_daddy_day-4

All done!

mommy_daddy_day-5

After Home Depot, It was time to get something to eat. We went to Hibachi Express. It's Japanese food that is oh so yummy! (Look close and you can see me too!)

mommy_daddy_day-10

Here's my child showing you the food he's chewing..lol

mommy_daddy_day-6

Then he didn't want me to take his picture, so he thought if he laid down I wouldn't be able to see him....WRONG..

mommy_daddy_day-7

mommy_daddy_day-8

 mommy_daddy_day-9

Next it was time to go to Lowes foods (I didn't tell you our day was super exciting..haha...but we enjoyed it). We had to get stuff for dinner. Grandma and Pappy were coming over for Ribs, Corn on the Cob and Stewed Apples that my wonderful hubby made - soooo good!

mommy_daddy_day-11

 mommy_daddy_day-12

 mommy_daddy_day-13

You should've seen all the people that were looking at me funny because I was taking so many pictures - but I didn't care...I enjoyed it!

mommy_daddy_day-14

Anthony insisted on weighing his bananas...they were 7 pounds! I guess it's cuz he was putting some of his weight on it, huh? mommy_daddy_day-15

mommy_daddy_day-17

mommy_daddy_day-19

The fun continues at the (Sams Club) gas station. Any time Brian gets out of the car (to run into the store or to pump gas etc) Anthony always climbs into Brian's seat and "hides." Then when Daddy gets in the car he pretends to scare him and Daddy pretends to sit on him - hey..it's their thing. So one of my favorite pictures of Anthony a year ago was one that I took when he was in the front seat hiding from Daddy so I took another one today. It'll do. haha

mommy_daddy_day-20

Yuck - $41.00 and that didn't even fill our Doge half way....mommy_daddy_day-21

Next we had to go to Sams Club. When we looked at the Ribs at Lowes Foods they were kind of expensive and Brian insisted they would be cheaper at Sams (they weren't)....so we went over there. On the way, I told Brian it would be cool if we ran into somebody we knew so I could take their picture for my little project. We had only been in the store about 3 minutes when we ran into our good friends Betsy and her daughter Bonnie (her son Tommy was around there somewhere). So I told them what we were up to and said to say CHEESE!

mommy_daddy_day-22

Then Anthony needed to go to the restroom - big surprise (he always has to go..lol). So I went and browsed the book section and picked up a couple. I love reading for education and for fun and I don't do it nearly enough.

mommy_daddy_day-23

I met up with the boys and then we got the ribs (they weren't cheap - oh well - they were really really really good, so they were worth it!)

mommy_daddy_day-24

Last stop - our favorite smoothie place - Smoothie King. Like everything else, prices have gone up on smoothies too so it's a real treat to get one.

mommy_daddy_day-27

mommy_daddy_day-26

So when we got home we unpacked the stuff we had picked up...Anthony went to Papa and Grandma's house for a bit and Brian went in the garage....so I folded some laundry (booooring). Then my ankle starting hurting pretty bad (because I had been walking most of the day so far and then standing to fold laundry) so I decided to sit down and read my awesome new book. I ended up doing that most of the afternoon (I rarely take any "me" time these days because I'm always working) so I savored every moment of it. Mom and Dad came over for dinner and then I folded more laundry last night and started watching Weeds on DVD (I've never seen it). Next time I do this little project, I'll take pics at home during the rest of the day, but I got a little lazy. Besides...there's already over 25 here...lol. That's enough for now :)

I encourage any of you to do this sometime too - it was really fun (I think I mentioned that about 5,000 times already).

Time for bed and back to work tomorrow. It was a really nice/relaxing weekend. I hope everyone has a great week!!

3 comments:

Diana said...

No pics of the laundry?? Haha. I'm glad you decided to do this...I'm sure you'll love these pictures even more about 10 years down the road :)

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I really like the photo of Anthony 'hiding'. Great pic!

Sounds like a fun day.

Gigi said...

What is funnty about this- is it seems like such a relaxing day, but look at how many things you did!! This was a good idea!