Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Labor Day Picnic

Hi all! It's been awhile since I posted (although I have plenty to say..lol), so I thought I'd post a few pics from labor day weekend. Our friend Janet and her girls, invited us to their farm for a picnic/bbq. Her youngest daughter recently got a horse (Darlin)! So, after we ate, Dad took a ride...apparently he used to ride horses (but hadn't in 20+ years). Then Brian decided to give it a try. He has NEVER ridden a horse. He did good. The boys went swimming with the girls (I love the pic of Anthony with the 3 girls) and later in the afternoon, Brian & Anthony went down the road a little ways to the creek to go fishing. Anthony had never been fishing, so of course I had to tag along for a few pictures. It was a great day with lots of food, fun and friends :) Oh, and it was HOT!

brian-1 labor_day-1 labor-day-5 labor_day-2 labor-day-6 labor-day-13 labor_day-4 labor-day-8 labor-day-9 labor-day-10 labor-day-11 labor-day-12

4 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

What a fun picnic! How many fun things can you fit into one picnic?? Horseback riding, fishing, swimming...I'm sure eating was in there too. lol.

Diana said...

Oh yes, lots of eating!! But she wasn't kidding when she said it was HOT!!! I love the pic of my son with the young lady in the pool...and then the very next one of him looking so sad alone. Haha!!!

Gigi said...

Looks like you had fun!

I love the picture of Anthony out of the water- cold. It reminds me of how my boys will stay in the water with lips blue while playing, and although they may shiver, they will also tell you they do not want to get out because they are having too much fun.

Pappy Dave said...

Brian did very well on the horse. Katie did not say anything about the poor young lady that got bucked off from the horse.
Good food, good friends, good time and good and hot. Has anyone said anything about the heat that day? :-)