Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Living at the Ocean...I have always wanted Anthony to get swimming lessons, but either lack of money or time prevented it before now..... but a couple of months ago, Papa Jimmy brought these lessons to my attention. They have them for 2 weeks in the summer...you go every day for an hour over at UNCW. Papa treated and I've been taking him - they started yesterday. Anthony has 3 other 5 year old boys in his "class"....and his teacher/coaches name is Brian..he's a red head (kinda funny). Yesterday they started out in the "regular" pool with everyone else and by the end, they had moved up to the big pool - my baby swam in 15 feet deep water!! Without any floaties or anything...but the teacher was of course nearby. Today there were only 3 kids and 2 coaches, so they were in the water almost the entire time...so now Anthony is resting...he's got to be tired! Anyways..here's a few pics from today...they are HORRIBLE quality wise, but they will be fine for his scrapbook. The lighting was awful and I was up in the spectator seats..lol.

Also, I know I have been a very bad blogger lately (on this blog), but business has been booming - it has been insane. I am so unbelievably blessed with the amount of sessions I've been hired to do, weddings, potential weddings, etc. I have been working 65-70 hour weeks and I love my job, but I haven't had a lot of time for personal stuff (i.e. this blog)...so the swimming lessons have forced me to at least sit still for an hour and watch my little man....





4 comments:

Diana said...

I'm so glad you finally posted some fun stuff on here!! I can't wait to go see Anthony tomorrow at swimming lessons..he's growing up so fast. It's amazing that he's actually swimming in 15 ft. of water....I don't know if I would even do that!! haha.

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

That's so cool he 'learned' to swim in one day. He's going to have so much more fun at the ocean and in your pool now. Are you putting your pool up this year?

I'm glad to hear you're photography business is going so well! That's so great!

Gigi said...

You are so lucky!! My boys do not like putting their head in the and after 2 summers of lessons (2 weeks each summer), they still do swim on their own. It makes this mommy who loves swimming so sad.

But I have faith that this will be the summer they will both swim laps around us!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww!! I'm so proud of him!!! He's awesome! Tell him he's amazing! :) <3 Jana